Monday, February 2, 2009

Bridal Scrapbook

Let's start with a project that was very meaningful to me. My sister was getting married about 3 years ago and I had lots of words of wisdom to share...but who listens to advice from their big sister? So, I made a special scrapbook for her. That way she had a keepsake of my love for her even if she didn't appreciate my "words of wisdom"!



The idea was to give her my eight best tips for a happy marriage. These were love, endurance, humility, honesty, forgiveness, sacrifice, contentment and prayer.

I decorated this hinged CD tin and made pages for the inside. I measured the inside of the tin. Using 12x12 cardstock, I cut it into strips that would fit the width of the tin. Then I folded the paper accordian style at intervals to fit inside the tin. I used the extra bit of each strip to glue on the next piece until I had created enough pages. A corner rounded made the pages fit nicely inside the rounded CD tin. Using a ribbon, I bound the back side of the pages closed. I decorated the inside cover of the tin with scrapbook paper and attached the scrapbook pages to the bottom of the tin (hopefully the picture below will help make sense!)



On each page I highlighted one word. I found a vellum quote from a Quotes Stacks that related to that word. Each page has an envelope with two tags. One has a meaningful related scripture, and one had my own words for my sister. I'm sure I could do a better job of embellishing now, but it was a good effort.













This gift was sent with much love, though I think it might have scared her more than encouraged her. I think marriage is wonderful, but it does take some hard work. It is a learning process and my husband and I are learning to love each other more everyday!

If you had to add any words of wisdom to a scrapbook like this, what words would you pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment