Monday, February 2, 2009

Where to Start the ART

There are some truly beautiful and inspiring websites and blogs out there today from some very crafty folks. It has inspired and motivated me to try my hand at documenting and sharing my own creativity.

I'm a mish-mash of crafty really. I do a little this and a little that. But art is that way...it spills over into every part of your life. It is great for beauty, decor, comfort, expression, passion, keeping memories, showing love, and can even be practical! You can do it with paint, ink, paper, printer, yarn, and computer. So, really there is no limit. The only thing I hope to prove with my arts and crafts is that it is meaningful. My motto in life is "Purpose, Passion, & Perseverance", so I hope that my art will fall along those lines...and also help you find your purpose, passion and perseverance in life.

The hard part is a chicken or the egg question. Do you write a blog without readers? That seems silly, but you surely won't have readers if you have no content. So here I start...I'll catch up on my crafts of the past first and share my very favorites. Then, I plan to create more and share ideas to inspire and tutorials to help into the future.

This will also help me to continue doing this creative thing that I love. I find that it's priority in my life is low. I ususally do the laundry, clean the dishes, and work away my time on the computer before I allow myself crafty time. However, I know that I am a happier person when I've been a little creative. Having a PURPOSE for being crafty (this blog) will allow me to give it higher priority in my life. So thanks to all my invisible readers for doing that for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment